Approximately 68% of nonprofits lack documented policies and procedures for handling cyberattacks. Even worse? Nonprofits face heightened vulnerability due to factors like sensitive donor information, limited cybersecurity expertise, and reliance on volunteers and third-party vendors.
Formstack’s online form technology gives organizations an easy and safe way to collect and manage nonprofit data. No matter the cause or mission, our smart online forms can be customized for every team and any problem. To help you better understand what’s possible with Formstack, here are four key ways we help move your nonprofit management workflows along.
1. Member Management
Most nonprofits rely heavily on volunteers and members to help carry out the organization’s mission. This means collecting and processing sign-ups must be an efficient process. To this end, Formstack has several beneficial offerings:
- An online new member registration form that can live on your website and seamlessly gather information
- A Google Calendar integration that can automatically create calendar appointments for registered activities
- Email routing that can immediately send sign-up submissions to the appropriate staff member for timely coordination
See It In Action: NJCAA and YMCA of Delaware
If your nonprofit already has a steady stream of volunteers, it’s crucial to make the most of their donated time, efforts, or investments. The National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), a nonprofit organization for two-year collegiate athletics, previously collected over 70,000 scholarships every year through paper signatures and manual uploads to its systems.
With Formstack, the organization now collects signatures digitally and has increased the documents processed to over 170,000 in a year. This new efficiency has also allowed NJCAA to provide each member college individual accounts to track and sign their own documents, saving colleges time, increasing productivity, and improving data access.
Likewise, the YMCA of Delaware adopted Formstack Forms to address CRM gaps, with the initial focus on membership payment and self-service forms. And with the Salesforce integration, YMCA can efficiently track and store member requests. In 10 years of using Formstack, the organization has collected over 300,000 submissions across nearly 800 forms. Our advanced security ensures HIPAA compliance, and by utilizing Formstack for Salesforce, the YMCA is estimated to save $50,000 and hundreds of staff hours in managing childcare release forms, contracts, and waivers.
2. Online Donations and Corporate Sponsorships
No matter what mission drives your nonprofit, collecting monetary donations is an important piece of the puzzle. Without a steady stream of financial gifts, you can’t offer as many programs or help as many people. Formstack provides several tools to help streamline and boost donations:
- Accessible forms that help you easily manage online donations
- Styling tools that let you brand your donation forms for greater credibility
- Secure payment processor integrations that allow you to process monetary donations directly from your online form
One way to enhance fundraising is through events and corporate sponsorships. Formstack makes it easy to create online inquiry forms for any scenario. When it’s time to make the relationship official, electronic signatures secure sponsor contracts. Need internal permission? Workflows automatically streamline approval across multiple stakeholders.
See It In Action: Red Tab Foundation
er $20,000 annually in software subscriptions. Through native Salesforce forms, RTF raised over $22,000 in its Run for Red Tab event, saw a 27% increase in attendees year over year, and successfully hosted their first virtual run.Red Tab Foundation (RTF) is a small nonprofit aiding Levi Strauss & Co. employees in financial emergencies. With just three full-time and six part-time staff, the organization previously used separate databases for programs and fundraising, leading to disjointed data. By switching to Salesforce, RTF consolidated information, saving over $20,000 annually in software subscriptions. Through native Salesforce forms, RTF raised over $22,000 in its Run for Red Tab event, saw a 27% increase in attendees year over year, and successfully hosted their first virtual run.
3. Program Registrations
Most nonprofit organizations are built around their program offerings—or the organized set of resources and activities intended to serve those in need. Formstack can help you streamline your program registrations through these powerful features:
- Electronic program registration forms that easily collect and manage registrant information
- Conditional Logic that uses rules to screen registrants and take them down the proper registration path
- Email marketing integrations that automatically add registrants to a relevant email list for seamless program communications
Need Proof? LoveYourBrain Foundation, a nonprofit that supports people affected by traumatic brain injury, used Formstack’s native Salesforce forms to simplify a complex registration process for its flagship yoga program and boosted offerings by 140% in one quarter.
4. Grant Applications
If your nonprofit awards grants, you know the extensive time and energy that goes into the process. In the top five sectors of giving entities, there are over 447,000 grant-making foundations, each receiving hundreds to thousands of submissions. The grant process, which takes an average of 30 days to 18 months, can be a big time constraint for nonprofits who are already low on resources. Formstack can save your nonprofit time and effort with these features:
- Online grant application forms with builtin pre-qualification steps, the ability to upload important attachments, and a Save and Resume option
- Automated review workflows that can send applicants confirmation emails and use data routing to ensure applications make it to the right department
- Secure and tailored documents generated using form data to notify grant recipients
Empower Your Nonprofit with Formstack
Formstack offers a comprehensive suite of tools to streamline nonprofit management, saving valuable time and resources. Whether optimizing volunteer sign-ups, managing online donations and sponsorships, streamlining program registrations, or simplifying grant applications, Formstack provides customizable solutions to reduce your costs in time and money. Take the next step in enhancing your nonprofit's efficiency—explore the possibilities with Formstack and empower your organization to make a greater impact.